About Cheesie Mack

Ronald 'Cheesie' Mack


Everyone calls me Cheesie, but my real name is Ronald A. Mack. The A is for Apton, which is a weird middle name. It’s my mother’s maiden name. I think most kids HATE their middle names. I actually don’t. R. Apton Mack is actually kind of cool sounding…but I like Cheesie best.

Here’s some stuff about me:

  1. I have brown hair, brown eyes, and three freckles on my nose. I also have a whitish scar on my thumb where a fishhook stabbed me when I was on a lake with my dad. I was eight and fooling around. Don’t ask.
  2. My birthday is August 16. I’m now 11, which is, IMO, a very cool age to be.
  3. My ears stick out. But you can probably see that in my picture above. It used to bother me, but now that I’ve written about my ears in my book, a zagillion (that’s a gazillion times bigger than a gazillion) people know, so I say…so what? And this is the last time I’m going to mention them on my website!
  4. I have three grandparents (plus one who died a long time ago), two aunts, two uncles, and two first cousins. I also have the meanest older sister in Massachusetts. Cheesie's Family TreeMaybe the United States. Maybe the world! Those tiny boxes and circles to the right are my family tree (which I made as a school assignment in fourth grade). Click on it to see it bigger and learn more about everyone in my family.
  5. I am a very fast runner. One of the fastest in my class, but I haven’t actually raced every kid. I’m on the sixth grade cross country team.
  6. I like sports. Especially baseball and soccer. And I’m a good swimmer.
  7. I read lots of books. Especially adventures.
  8. I love to write about my adventures.
  9. I love words.
  10. And I like making lists…like this one.

If you want to know anything else about me, just ask below.

Leave a Comment

But wait! Don't hit POST COMMENT yet — not until you figure out whether you want me to tell you if I respond.

Here's what you do:

1. First write your comment.

2. Then look below the POST COMMENT button. If you leave it as DON'T SUBSCRIBE, I won't notify you, and you won't know anything happened.

3. If you select REPLIES TO MY COMMENTS, I'll notify you if I or anyone else replies to any of YOUR COMMENTS on this page.

4. If you select ALL, I'll notify you about EVERY comment anyone makes on this page.

cheesie's head

And yes, you have to enter your email address — and for sure it has to be a real email address. I absolutely promise you I will NEVER use your email address for anything else. However, if you want to receive notifications about future books and stuff, you have to subscribe to my newsletter.
— Thanks, Cheesie.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Comments from my Readers & Friends

    • I love ketchup, but definitely not on M&C.
      Did you know ketchup comes from Chinese food and was originally a fermented fish sauce (YUK!) that had NOTHING to do with tomatoes?

  1. Hi cheesie my name is Brendan and I’m 13 years old my next birthday is in October 16 I was born in 2006 after reading your 1rst book i saw a show bug outside my room window! I’m am going into 8th grade bye.

    • Brendan,
      When I read your comment I laughed you did not use any punctuation it is very funny I’ll show you why just look below where I end this crazy long run-on sentence it doesn’t have any punctuation either I rewrote part of your comment with punctuation you’ll see why I laughed

      “I was born in 2006 after reading your first book.” You must’ve been a very smart embryo because you read my book before you were even born!

    • If you look at my family tree
      you’ll see this:
      “My sister has no middle name. When I told her it was because she was funny-looking when she was born, she punched me.”

  2. Hi cheesie! I love your books i think they are nice! Don’t mind me asking but do you cut the cheese a lot?☺ Thanks bye now!

    • My mom only buys pre-sliced cheese, so the answer to your question is … NO!
      (That’s my humorous answer.)
      But you got me thinking, and since Cheesie is a guy who thinks a lot. I looked it up. Here’s what I found:
      Over 99% of the volume of flatus (farts) is composed of non-smelly gases. These include oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen and methane. The remaining trace (<1% volume) compounds give flatus its smell, mostly from a combination of volatile sulfur compounds.
      See, your goofy question turned into a scientific discovery for me (and you).

  3. Hi! My name is Savy I just started reading your books they are great!😁🌈 I am soooooo exited to read more I can’t put the book down!🤩🙂

    • I think Savy is a GREAT NAME! I never met a Savy before.
      My Dad told there is a word “savvy.” If you are savvy, you are someone who really knows what’s going on. Kind of smart and clever.