Are you superstitious?
I am not a bit superstitious. I think it’s a bunch of hooey.
But…I kinda sorta admit I left the number 13 totally off the heading of my 13th chapter. (Not because I believe in bad luck or anything…)
Lots of people definitely are totally superstitious. Here’s a list of common superstitions:
- Friday the thirteenth is an unlucky day.
- Beginners will always have good luck.
- Don’t let cats near babies. They suck breath the breath right out of them.
- Rabbit’s feet are good luck.
- Find a penny, pick it up. And all day long, you’ll have good luck.
- There’s a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Cross your fingers to avoid bad luck.
- If a black cat crosses your path, you will have bad luck
- If you blow out all of the candles on your birthday cake with your first breath, your wish will come true.
- If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck.
- Knock on wood for good luck.
- Step on a crack…break your mother’s back.
- Break a mirror and you’ll have seven years of bad luck.
- If you find a four-leaf clover or a horseshoe, you’ll have good luck.
- When two people tug on the ends of a wishbone, whoever gets the bigger piece gets his or her wish to come true.
- Opening an umbrella inside a house brings bad luck.
And this weird one: If you dream about a lizard, that means you have a secret enemy.
Are you superstitious? Tell me how…and if anything actually came true.